Bragging moment
Sean just called from the school - he'd gone to check out Montgomery a few minutes early, since he was downtown by the school.
Two teachers came out in the hall and stopped him and told him that our only baby boy (ahem) received perfect scores on all sections of the FCAT testing. For friends not in Florida - this is the state standardized testing. These scores are used to judge the job the school is doing teaching, and how well the kids are learning. Last year, only 16 students out of all grades (approx 129,000 students) received perfect scores on both sections. It's a very big deal ;)
He goes to a great school - it's a magnet program with a gifted program for technology and science students. And right now, I'm about as proud as I can be of what he's accomplished this year.
Two teachers came out in the hall and stopped him and told him that our only baby boy (ahem) received perfect scores on all sections of the FCAT testing. For friends not in Florida - this is the state standardized testing. These scores are used to judge the job the school is doing teaching, and how well the kids are learning. Last year, only 16 students out of all grades (approx 129,000 students) received perfect scores on both sections. It's a very big deal ;)
He goes to a great school - it's a magnet program with a gifted program for technology and science students. And right now, I'm about as proud as I can be of what he's accomplished this year.
---------------------------------------------


3 Comments:
WoW!!!!
remeber these days of glory for the days when you feel like ringing their necks. Nice that you get a little vicarious glow occ. though.
Fantastic! I can't imagine how proud you must be!
Post a Comment
<< Home